Last updated – 5th May 2023
Registered address: Unit C, Balbir House, Norton Green Road, Stevenage SG1 2LP
Company number 9459598, incorporated in England.
Who are we?
REDBOX an award-winning provider of Event Ticketing, Event Websites and Event Staffing services.
What do we do?
REDBOX is the processor of your order and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Registration Number ZA145881. Your personal data will be retained until all elements of the order have been discharged and for future express purchases. Your card information is not retained.
REDBOX will only use your data to validate and deliver your order electronically by email, post or collection at the Box Office. REDBOX will not use your data for any other purposes such as marketing or promotions or pass your data to any third party in the UK or overseas unless expressly required to fulfil your order, for example the delivery of merchandise by the manufacturer.
If you would like to contact Red Box Tickets and Events Limited in relation to your personal data and its usage please:-
write to Red Box Events, Unit C, Norton Green Road, Stevenage SG1 2LP
or email email@example.com
or call contact the Customer Service Team on 0333 242 7910
REDBOX collects and stores data about you on behalf of an event organiser when you purchase a ticket, merchandise or other products such as premium parking, or claim a complimentary ticket. This policy lets you know why and how we store your data and what happens to it.
What data do we collect
The aim is not to be intrusive and only gather the minimum information needed to fulfil your order. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure. REDBOX will collect one or more of the following types of data about you:
Contact Information to deliver your order
Name, Address, Email Address, Phone numbers
Questions in addition to your name and contact information that you might be asked when you completed an online form for specific items such as dietary requirements for a product that includes food.
IP address(es) and browsing activity to minimise and protect against fraud.
Is your data shared with anyone?
REDBOX will not pass on your personal data to third parties other than to fulfil your order or without first gaining your consent. For example, consent to pass on your data may be given by allowing your pass to be scanned by an exhibitor at an event. In this case, the exhibitor which scanned your badge will have your name, address, contact data and some or all of you question responses which you provided during the registration process disclosed to them. In some cases where we are legally obliged, we may need to share your data with law enforcement services.
Our Legal basis for processing
REDBOX acts as a contractor for our clients to collect and process data for individuals who have registered their intent on attending the event or have a legitimate interest in attending the event. In some cases, you may have made a financial transaction with us meaning that there are legal obligations for us to process and hold your data. Our legal basis for processing will be one or more of the following:
You have entered into a contract with REDBOX or the Client for which REDBOX is processing data on behalf of.
The client or REDBOX believe that there is a legitimate interest for your data to be processed.
You have Consented, (opted in) to a receive communications or services provided by REDBOX or its client.
How long will your data be stored for?
REDBOX will process personal data for the duration of the contract with the client for which it is processing the data on behalf of.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records after all contractual obligations have been met; this typically means after you have attended the event you have made a transaction for.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that REDBOX refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority as details under “complaints”.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
REDBOX at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed. If REDBOX does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the event organsier
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
In order to safeguard your data, requests to access this information must be accompanied with identification, you will need to provide 2 forms of identification from the following list:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill from the last 3 months.
Contact Information and Complaints
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by REDBOX, or subcontractors used by REDBOX, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and REDBOX’s data protection representatives with the details below.
Unit C, Balbir House, Norton Green Road, Stevenage SG1 2LP
Tel: 0333 242 7910
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113